Center for Arizona Policy
Mission Statement: Center for Arizona Policy (CAP) promotes and defends the foundational values of life, marriage and family, and religious liberty.
The fact is, what happens at the state Capitol impacts real lives. CAP works with state legislators and other elected officials at all levels of government to ensure that public policy promotes foundational principles.
Our heart is to create an Arizona where:
- The sanctity of human life is protected from its very beginning to its natural end.
- Marriages and families are strengthened and supported by public policy, not attacked or weakened.
- Religious liberty is affirmed and protected, free from government interference.
At CAP, we believe the decision on how to educate one’s child is to be left between the parents and the Lord. That means Arizona should have strong options, including public schools, private schools, charter schools, homeschools, and online learning.
Arizona’s Scholarship Tax Credit Program and Empowerment Scholarship Accounts have created opportunities for families like never before:
- Scholarship Tax Credits: This program provides scholarships for children to attend the private school chosen by their parents. School tuition organizations provide the scholarships. The funding results from a state income tax credit for both individuals and corporations.
- Empowerment Scholarship Accounts: This one-of-a-kind program allows families to redirect 90% of their tax dollars that would go to their child’s education in public schools into an account to be used exclusively on their child’s education. Currently, this program is limited to students with special needs, students in “D” or “F” school districts, students previously participating in the Arizona Scholarships for Pupils with Disabilities program, students in foster care who were adopted or who have a plan for permanent adoption, and children whose parents are in the United States military.
Click on the link to learn more about CAP!